Privacy when you browse our site
When you visit this website we’ll collect statistical information. Any personal information you provide will be kept private.
On this page
- statistical information we collect
- we'll keep your personal information secure
- check and correct the information we have about you
- if the information we have is incorrect
- contact us.
Statistical information we collect
We’ll collect statistical information from your visit. We use this information to make improvements to this website.
The information we collect includes:
- your IP address
- the search terms you use
- the pages you access on our website and the links you click on
- the date and time you visit the site
- the site that directed you to our website, if any
- your operating system (eg Windows, Mac)
- the type of web browser you use (eg Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox).
We'll keep your personal information secure
You can choose to provide personal information, eg through online forms. We'll keep that personal information secure.
We'll only use that information to contact you if you've asked us to do so.
We don't share this personal information with any other third parties.
A person or organisation associated with one of our client's claims.
We don't collect visitor information from other sources, such as public records.
Check and correct the information we have about you
If you want to check personal information we have about you:
1. Contact us
2. Confirm your identity
You may need to verify your identity before we can give you access to this information. This could be by answering some questions or showing a photo ID at a local branch.
3. We'll send you the information
We'll send you a copy of the personal information we keep about you within a month. This is free of charge.
If the information we have is incorrect
If you have accessed your information and it's incorrect, you can ask us to change it.
1. Contact us
See our contact details
2. We’ll respond and check your information
We’ll let you know when we’ve received your request. We’ll check your information with the original author.
3. We’ll contact you with our decision
If we’re holding incorrect information we’ll:
- update the information on your file
- send any changes to third parties
- a person or organisation associated with one of our client's claims that received incorrect information
- let you know that we’ve made the change.
If we can’t make the change you’ve requested, we’ll:
- contact you and explain why we can’t make the change
- you can choose to provide a written statement of correction, which we’ll add to your file. This statement shows that you requested a change to your information, but that we haven’t made the change
- send the statement of correction to third parties who recently received the information
- contact you to let you know what we’ve done.
This usually happens if there’s opinion-based information eg a medical assessment.
To request access or a change to your information, contact:
Phone: 04 816 7400 (main ACC line)
If you have a question or concern about privacy, contact: